Thursday, May 5, 2011

Day 205 - Walking in the rain...


If you've been following my blog for a while, you'll know that every Thursday I head off into the mountains. Thursday is my hiking day and unless there is a very good reason for me not to pack my backpack and put on my boots, you'll find me out there in the woods with my like minded buddies.

Today was no exception, despite the fact that we had a really wet winters day in Cape Town. I have started a blog dedicated to these weekly adventures as I thought it would be a great way to share some of the beauty of our city with people who've never been here. I take my camera along in the hope of capturing some of the essence of the day. Sometimes I'm lucky, like last week and the weather plays along, enabling me to get some great shots.

Today it was a bit of a challenge but I've posted a few shots nevertheless.

If you'd like to see a little of the Newlands Forest as experienced by us today, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I want to come hike with you.....beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're very welcome Pam - as long as you arrive here on a Thursday, you can be sure we'll be off climbing somewhere... ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, I welcome your input!